Wealth protection for you
and your loved ones
A proper estate plan will:
- ensure your assets pass to the heirs of your choice
- facilitate efficient administration of your estate
- reduce income taxes payable after your death and adequately fund their payment
- provide for management of property for minors or those who lack the skill or ability to do so themselves
- provide for guardianship of minors
- arrange your affairs in an orderly manner to minimize the burden on your family
You should consider your intended beneficiaries, how your assets are transferred upon death and provide for the payment of any estate income tax. Estate planning can respond to these considerations.
Some strategies can take effect during your lifetime. Mandates, trusts, estate freezes and gifting may be part of lifetime planning. Life insurance may also play a key part.
Every family has individual needs.